Do you know how to make carrot oil without heat? But even if you do, there are many out there who would love to have that knowledge at their disposal.
And this post is made with them in mind. Over here on Colored Writers we love to make things ourselves, thus the need for the different tutorials on our site.
Carrot oil is made from mixing carrots inside any base oil of your choice. Be it coconut, olive or almond oil.
The while idea is to extract the nutrients and antioxidants from the carrot by enmeshing it inside any of these oils.
The most common method is to fry the oil and carrot together and then removed the oil once the oil is ready.
But the issue with using the frying method is that the heat reduces the amount of antimicrobial and antioxidant properties in both the oil and carrots.
The heat destroys too much of the nutrients and vitamins that should be going into our skins and hair.
The antimicrobial and antioxidant properties in both the oil and carrot is the goodness we should be looking out for.
And in other to get enough of these antimicrobial and antioxidant properties in our carrot oil, it is best that we try to extract all the carrot goodness without using heat which is also bad on the oil used for extraction.
Carrot oil contains high levels of vitamin A, vitamin E , and beta carotene, which are essential nutrients for hair and skin health.
And the only way to real its full blessings is to not heat up these natural goodness.
But the use of carrot oil is not as common as the other popularly known oils like coconut, olive, avocado and almond oils.
I use almond oils when making my own personal portion of carrot oils because of the extra nutritional value that it carries.
You can use any oil of your choice when making your own.
So What Are The Benefits Of Carrot Oil
- Carrot oil contains Linoleic acid (beta-carotene) which is anti-inflammatory and is therefore ideal for treating the inflamed skin of rosacea.
- The Carotenoids in carrot can help fight fine lines and wrinkle. Helping to maintain a youthful and supple glow
- A study has shown that carrot oil has antibacterial properties against a variety of bacteria and fungus.
- Restores moisture to hair and scalp
- Tames frizz
- Softens and smooths texture
- Helps hair grow more quickly
- protects hair from damage
- It can help you whitening your skin
- Carrot oil is said to contain anti-aging properties and can remove some few years from your face
Now that we are done with that, let us go straight to how to make carrot oil without heat.
Requirements and Procedure
- A bottle of your preferred oil. It could be olive or coconut oil. Or any other product that is also cold pressed and still has almost all its health properties in tact.
- Buy 2 to 3 big carrots. First you would have to wash and peel the carrots. Then you grate the quantity that you want.
- Now spread your grated carrots on a tray (an aluminium stray would catch the heat from the sun better). And set the spread under the sun. The whole idea is to dry the grated carrots through the heat of the sun without damaging its healing content and to remove moisture. It could take a day or two depending on the degree of the heat from above to get ready (dry).
- Now what you would have to do, is to gather the dried grated carrots and add them to your oil of choice
- Make sure the bottle or jar is air tight. Store the mixture somewhere safe and wait for the next 3 to 4 weeks. I allow mine to soak for a month before getting the oil for use.
- At the end of the wait, sieve the oil into another clean container and that’s it! You have yourself a bottle of carrot oil made without heat
There is actually another method for those who just can’t seem to be able to remove fire from the entire equation.
Even though this method that I will be showing involves heat, it does not destroy the antioxidants and vitamins in the carrot and oil mixture.
The heat is mild, in that the method involves steaming to be precise.
What You Will Need
- A Pot and glass jar with cover
- Your carrots, skin peeler and grater
- Your preferred oil of your choice
Like the previous example, you should start by washing, peeling and then grating the carrots.
Secondly, you put your pot with water on fire and allow to boil.
Thirdly, put the grated carrots into the jar, turn oil inside and make sure it covers the carrots.
Finally, place the closed jar (with the almond oil and grated carrots) inside the pot with boil water. Cover the pot and allow to boil for 10 to 15 minutes with the pot also covered.
At the end of which you take the pot down and when it is cold enough to touch, extract the oil from the steamed jar.
That is another method on how to make carrot oil without destroying too much of its minerals. Minerals that are badly needed by our skin and hair.
But if you are among the busy set of humans we have prowling the earth in the name of career then you can get your cold pressed carrot oils online for a good price.