Not many people know who Julian Corrie Broadus Is. And only few can tell that he is the son of Snoop Dogg birthed outside wedlock three months after his father got married to his wife Shante.
He is the product of a love triangle that didn’t really favor his mother, Laurie Holmond.
And so as a child he lived outside his fathers fame. The opulence that became the structure of his fathers other kids would remain a mystery unto the young lad, not until recently.
Imagine watching your dad on TV and yet unable reach out. Growing up with the dream of the day you meet him again was the undertone of Julian Corrie Broadus childhood.
The sex affair that briefly took place between his parents at the Le Reve Hotel in Hollywood three months after his dad’s marriage would get his mother pregnant. And nine months later he was born into a world that would try to deny him his rights in 1998.
The world would get to know about his existence when he was nine years old. She proved to the world that Snoop was really the father of her child through a paternity suit.
And the rapper afterwards agreed to take full responsibility. Even taking Julian Corrie to live with him in New York with the other kids and his wife.
Before Julian Corrie Broadus became part of his dad’s inner circle, he lived a life that completely suggested that Snoop Dogg was being a deadbeat dad.
As a child growing up Julian openly lamented the absence of his father in his life and wondered why the rapper would not want to have anything to do with him.
In an interview with Fameolous, he talked about how the pain from living life without a father was gradually becoming bearable “I’m almost a grown man so my mind isn’t as heavy as it used to [be],”
But lucky for him, his father finally came through and that rich life is now his everyday reality. Like his father he says he has a calling for music and that would be his career path.
“I’ve always knew music was what my life was really about, but I pushed it away trying not to be like my father,” he said. “But I got older and stopped pushing it away and I’ve never felt better or more passionate about something”.
And for those who don’t know Snoop Dogg Enough, Check The Facts!
- As a rap talent he was discovered by Dr. Dre, who also helped him to launch his career in 1992.
- The rapper has sold over 23 million albums in the United States since then and 35 million albums worldwide.
- He was a very close friend of Tupac and was responsible for bringing him unto the Death Row stables.
- He was inducted into the celebrity wing of the WWE Hall of Fame in March 2016.
- On November 19, 2018, Snoop Dogg was given a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- He was born on 20 October 1971 in Long Beach, California, United States
- Snoop’s debut album, Doggystyle was produced by Dr. Dre, and was released in 1993 by Death Row Records.
- His first album debuted at number one on both the Billboard 200 and Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts and sold almost a million copies in the first week of its release.
- The Doggystyle album included hit singles “What’s My Name?” and “Gin & Juice“. And the album later became certified quadruple platinum in 1994.
- In September 2009 Snoop was hired by EMI as the chairman of a reactivated Priority Records.
- As big as his brand is, it would surprise you to know that Snoop has 17 Grammy nominations without a win.
- In March 2016, he was inducted into the celebrity wing of the WWE Hall of Fame, the night before WrestleMania 32 in Arlington, Texas.
- In 2018, Snoop announced that he was “a born-again Christian” and released his first gospel album, Bible of Love.
- He started out his music career as a member of the group 213 that was also made up of his two cousins Nate Dogg and Lil’ ½ Dead and friend Warren G.
- He is a first cousin of R&B singers Brandy and Ray J, and WWE professional wrestler Sasha Banks.
- Snoop Dog is a certified football coach and has been head coach of his son Cordell’s youth football teams and the John A. Rowland High School team.
The news of Julian Corrie Broadus was one too heavy for the home front where Snoop Dogg must now have to face his biggest fears.
His wife! The one woman he wanted desperately to protect from the truth. He knew they would be problems.
Snoop was aware of the child but his wife wasn’t. It was a long and dark secret that could shatter his home. One big secret just few months after marrying his high school sweetheart, Shante Taylor, on June 12, 1997.
And for those long years, the rapper harbored the secret like life itself until the media made it public. The problem the public knowledge of his secret brought with it almost crashed his marriage.
The problems led Snoop Dogg to file for divorce from Taylor, citing irreconcilable differences. But their marriage was a strong one and so would refuse to die. The marriage would not allow a child born out of love ruin the structure of its existence. The marriage knew the only way out was to forgive and bring the child home.
The couple renewed their wedding vows on January 12, 2008.
Corrie moved into the family house to live with his brothers, Cordé (born August 21, 1994) and Cordell (born February 21, 1997), who quit football to pursue a career as a film maker, and sister Cori (born June 22, 1999).
Living the life and becoming a celebrity is miracle when looked from the perspective the opposite could have happen like the many cases of kids who were never allowed to enjoy their father’s success and fame.
Now he gets to share in Snoop Dogg’s fortune who was an actual pimp between 2003 and 2004.
According to him.
“That shit was my natural calling and once I got involved with it, it became fun. It was like shootin’ layups for me. I was makin’ ’em every time.”
And if not for the love of family and the need to spend time with them that called it quits for him, he would have remained a pimp for a longer period.
And before we sign out on this piece on Julian Corrie Broadus. I would like to interest you with just few gangster facts about his dad.
- Snoop has his own cannabis products, Leafs By Snoop. “Leafs By Snoop is truly the first mainstream cannabis brand in the world and proud to be a pioneer”, Snoop Dogg said. “LBS is blazing a trail for the industry.” This alone made him the first major celebrity to brand and market a line of legal marijuana products.
- Shortly after high school, he was arrested for possession of cocaine and for the following three years was frequently in and out of prison.
- He was a member of the Rollin’ 20s Crips gang in the Eastside area of Long Beach
- In 1990, he was convicted of felony possession of drugs and possession for sale.
- In August 1993, the death of a member of a rival gang who was shot and killed by Snoop’s bodyguard, from a car that he was driving when the murder took place would lead to Snoop and his body guard charged with murder.
- But they were eventually acquitted.
- At the BottleRock Napa Valley music festival May 26, 2018, Snoop Dogg, Warren G, Kendall Coleman, Kim Kaechele and Michael Voltaggio set the Guinness World Record for the largest paradise cocktail. Measuring 550 litres (120 imp gal; 150 US gal), the “Gin and Juice” drink was mixed from 180 1.75 litres (0.38 imp gal; 0.46 US gal) bottles of gin, 156 1 litre (0.22 imp gal; 0.26 US gal) bottles of apricot brandy and 28 3.78 litres (0.83 imp gal; 1.00 US gal) jugs of orange juice.
Julian Corrie Broadus like his brothers and sisters can now now share in his fathers net worth of $124 million according to Forbes and that was in 2017.
Maybe it has grown bigger since then.
You can find similar posts in our general knowledge section about foreign celebrities and we are positive that you would find them very interesting.